Payroll Team Leader
Location: Melbourne, Australia
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Team Leader to manage one of our outsourced teams based in Malvern. The Team Leader is responsible for overseeing approximately 10 client payrolls of various sizes and industries and ensures the team deliver these payrolls accurately and on time. This requires strong payroll knowledge, good leadership skills and your exceptional customer service ability.
The outsourced environment provides opportunities to provide payroll services to multiple clients offering diversity and learning opportunities that can’t be found in in-house payroll roles. As the Team Leader this means you will be providing above and beyond customer service to multiply clients, managing employees working on a variety of payrolls, have the ability to problem solve and prioritise the team’s workload; each day is different to the next.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Leading a team of 5 Payroll Consultants
- Ensuring all client payrolls are delivered accurately and on-time
- Assist with complex payroll matters, eg. GL, month end, payroll tax, superannuation reconciliations, Bonus calculations etc.
- Ability to understand Payroll systems configurations
- Problem solving and dealing with escalations
- Team building & development
- Keeping up to date with payroll topics
Skills & Experience:
- Strong end-to-end payroll processing experience essential
- Some team leader experience will be highly regarded
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience in Preceda & PayANZ ideal but not essential
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply; please refer any of your relevant, talented contacts via the referral program.