Ascender Group is wholly owned by Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc. Ascender HCM Pty Ltd, Ceridian HCM Holding, Inc. and their subsidiaries (herein the “Company”) are committed to protecting your personal information and processing it responsibly as we share your information across the group in the Company. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes our general practices relating to the collection, use and disclosure of information relating to candidates who apply for a position with the Company (“Personal Information”).
The Personal Information the Company Collects
The Company collects various types of Personal Information directly from you throughout the process of your application, our consideration and vetting of your application as well as creates Personal Information about you in the course of your induction into employment with the Company if your application is successful as permitted or required by local law. For example:
- Personal details such as name, birth date, national ID number, driver’s license number/state ID, passport number, marital status, signature, and image;
- Characteristics of protected classifications such as age, sex, race, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap;
- Contact details such as mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- Financial information such as salary, bank account details, corporate card usage, and employment benefits;
- Performance information such as appraisals, performance reviews, disciplinary records, training records, details of skills and experience, and absence records;
- Information regarding your next of kin and other individuals such as emergency contacts and dependent information, and life insurance beneficiaries;
- Health-related information such as information regarding benefits programs, insurance, and sick leave.
How Personal Information is Used
The Company uses Personal Information for, among other things:
- Workforce planning and recruitment, employee assignment planning and budgeting, interviewing, selecting and hiring staff and conducting background check investigations;
- General human resources management and administration
- Legal and regulatory compliance
Depending on the circumstances and applicable law, the Company’s processes Personal Information on a number of lawful bases, including obtaining your consent, performance of a contract, compliance with a legal obligation, to protect yours or someone else’s vital interests, to perform a task in the public interest or for other legitimate interest.
In some cases, the Company de-identifies or anonymizes personal information in support of legitimate business purposes. Once de-identified or anonymized, such information is no longer considered Personal Information.
How Personal Information is Shared
Within the Company – The Company allows access to Personal Information to people within the Company’s who have a “need to know” that information in relation to your application for employment and other legitimate business purposes.
Third Parties – The Company shares Personal Information with other companies that provide products or services to you, such as employee benefit partners and providers and occupational health providers. The Company may also share Personal Information with competent authorities (such as tax agencies).
Law Enforcement – We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe will aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your Personal Information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your Personal Information will protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, or another person.
Legal Process – We may share your Personal Information with others as required or permitted by law. This includes sharing your Personal Information with governmental entities or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
Cross Border Transfers – To run our business, we may store and process your Personal Information in any country where the Company and authorized third parties operate. When we transfer your Personal Information in this manner across country borders, we implement adequate measures for its protection, and for compliance with applicable laws.
How Personal Information is Protected
The Company has implemented policies and procedures to protect Personal Information. The Company uses recognized industry standard security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information.
Retention of Personal Information
The Company will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as required to comply with legal obligations.
How to Exercise Your Rights
The Company makes reasonable efforts to keep Personal Information as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information is to be used. Unless the Company is permitted or required by law to prohibit access, you can view and if necessary, update and correct your Personal Information.
How to Contact Us
Please contact email@example.com if you would have any questions about this Statement.