The Psychological Impact of COVID-19 on Leadership and the Future of Work
Can the challenges we face in this pandemic help us discover what matters and what this means for the future of work?
COVID-19 has changed our society. Social distancing and isolation have become the temporary normal and, while crucial to slowing the spread of infection and supporting our healthcare systems, bring with them a social impact with possible consequences for businesses and staff wellbeing. This social impact, combined with declining job security and looming economic instability, will have psychological impacts on employees, impacting organisations in both the short and long-terms.
Leaders have a unique role to play at these times to support the wellbeing of their workforce. Join us for a special session with Andrew Wilson, Ascender CEO, and Jono Nicholas, Managing Director of The Wellbeing Outfit, in a discussion on the psychological effect of COVID-19 on the workforce, how you can help your people deal with these challenges and keep them connected in the midst of the pandemic.
In this session, you’ll hear about:
- Predictions on the trajectory of COVID-19 and how it will change the business landscape
- Understanding the psychological impact of social distancing and isolation
- Management challenges and how to run a blended reality workforce
- What leadership looks like post-crisis and the role of psychological well being to business success
- How culture is affected in a crisis and how it can help the business move forward