Taking the risk out of risk management
Ascender Learning and National Australia Bank (NAB) have partnered up to create the custom Risk Professionals Foundation (RPF), an online risk management program which supports key regulatory content while engaging and teaching employees about the importance of risk management. This online solution also provided real savings in training time and overall cost of upskilling new and existing employees in risk management. Winner of the ‘LearnX’ 2016 Platinum award for ‘Best eLearning model – Bespoke/ Custom’, this universal program is still creating more benefits every single day.
NAB saw a critical gap in their risk management program and wanted to uplift the standards across their professional group. By teaming up with Ascender Learning, they were able to pinpoint the issues they needed to address such as limited training opportunities for new employees, new regulatory requirements, inconsistent principles and tone, and a heavy reliance on ad-hoc face-to-face training.
An effective online course that engaged learners and taught risk management through realistic scenarios. These scenarios were brought to life using real NAB employees, during a custom photo shoot — these images were also integral to the strong visual design of the course.
- Support for key regulatory content
- Rewards for learners who know their content
- Implementation of the NAB tone of voice
- The new courses took on average 3 hours, a reduction from the usual 21 hours
- A collection tool, where learners could collect content to help create their own tailor-made resource within the course
- Removing the need for face-to-face facilitation
- Standalone versions of the course were able to be deployed via a local machine or SharePoint
- It made the overall risk management program relevant for both business and employees
Since the March 2015 rollout, feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, from the Group Chief Risk Officer down to frontline Risk Practitioners. And following the warm feedback, the program has been developed into job-aids used by the business.
But the real effectiveness is shown through the numbers:
- There has been a 700% reduction in “time off task” for the average learner
- Facilitators are no longer required
- Accumulating into approximately $1.5M worth of savings from “time off task”
Ascender helped NAB save time and money by creating the RPF program. Winner of the ‘LearnX’ 2016 Platinum award for ‘best eLearning model – Bespoke/ Custom’, the universal program is still creating more benefits every single day. And because of that, Ascender enjoys a great relationship with NAB.