Virgin Active Thailand
Virgin Active (Thailand) Limited wants to make exercise irresistible. As an organisation promoting fitness, sports, and recreation, they love to challenge convention with everyday exercise through innovation.
There are currently five clubs open across Thailand, with plans to open more branches to open in the country. This will open opportunities for expansion, not just in terms of the physical facilities, but their employee base.
Virgin Active’s payroll in Thailand is currently done in-house by one person, with taxes and statutory calculated outside. A self-service solution is already implemented by Ascender, catering to the current employee population.
50-60 employees are expected to join for every new club that opens, and manual entry of these staff information in the payroll system will make the data and reports prone to human error.
Scaling up the current Ascender payroll solution will mean the following for Virgin Active in Thailand:
- Data accuracy – easier and faster reconciliation of data across clubs.
- Data can be accessed and pulled real-time for own reports without needing to manipulate different spreadsheets.
- Automated and more efficient report generation.
- Improved staff efficiency because less time is needed for them to do payroll.
- Less risk in compliance and legislation because these will be in the system.
- Engaged and empowered employees since they will have more access with their payroll details.
- Reduced paper waste.
“Ascender is a professional team to partner with to support any HR business is highly scalable to the changing needs of consumers”
– Jane Rujirekrungsima, Finance Manager of Virgin Active.
Ease of use, friendly and professional staff, and the affordable fees are some of the reasons why Virgin Active stayed with Ascender. With their upcoming expansion plans, Virgin Active is looking at more investment with Ascender by scaling up the current systems. This will further strengthen the partnership between Virgin Active and Ascender for their future payroll and HR needs.