Ascender is the leading payroll and learning outsourcing provider in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East region. We are a human-made organisation that sets the bar higher, puts the passion into providing, and is leading the charge on change.
At Ascender you'll find a fast paced, real time atmosphere. As we evolve in the business we are working on creating a unique working experience of both innovative, go-getter spirit, and expert seasoned specialists.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our HR Manager Services Division for a Project Manager who has end-to-end responsibility for HRO projects established to implement or augment solutions offered to Ascender clients that utilise Payroll services and software.
The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for client satisfaction and project profitability at completion of the project, delivering a project on time and at a cost that is consistent with the client and Ascender’s expectations is critical to this outcome, as is the process followed and communication with the client and Ascender stakeholders throughout the project.
- Leadership of the project and the resources involved in the project which include both Ascender and client staff.
- Establishing a project charter - a statement of the scope, objectives, participants, structure and approach to governance of the project.
- Coordinating and running of project meetings and meeting with executive sponsors and stakeholders as required by the project.
- Planning time, cost and resources adequate to estimate the work needed and to effectively manage risk during project execution.
- Coordinating people and resources, as well as integrating and performing the activities of the project in accordance with the project management plan.
- Providing support and direction to members of the project team and advise the client and Ascender management where problems exist.
- Observing project execution so that potential problems can be identified in a timely manner and corrective action can be taken. Communicating and negotiating with the client to ensure that variations to scope are understood and recovered through additional fees or an equivalent reduction in the scope. Forecasting project costs and resource requirements.
- Reviewing of project including archiving of documentation and lessons learnt.
- Working with the broader Payroll and Learning team, develop new processes, services and software to deliver better Payroll and Learning solutions to clients.
Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience in project management of large projects that involve technology and consulting services.
- Proven track record delivering projects on time and budget.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures – ideally has experience with projects that span multiple countries and cultures.
- Performance driven and accountable with a demonstrated ability to maintain a strong bottom line focus during a period of growth and change.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and can make decisions accordingly.
- Appropriate tertiary and professional qualifications including PRINCE2 or equivalent certification.
- MS Project and Excel a minimum intermediate level.
- Experience in Agile project management methodologies is advantageous.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking ‘Apply’ button below. Apply