Vendor Manager - Payroll
About the Role
Ascender is a leading provider of Payroll software and outsourced payroll services across AsiaPac.
We have a new opportunity for a Payroll Vendor Manager who will be responsible for managing the contractual agreements, relationship and service delivery with payroll vendors (Partners) across multiple countries.
You will have the opportunity to establish a consistent vendor management framework, and will be responsible for the governance process with these partner companies including Strategic Review, Rate Card Management, Escalations and Continuous Improvements.
Based in the Ascender Singapore office (Asia Services regional HQ), you will work closely with the Asia Leadership Team to identify additional strategic vendor partners for multi-country solutions to external clients.
Note: Ascender supports local COVID-safe work practices, with remote onboarding and work-from-home arrangements when required.
- Develop and maintain Scope of Work (SOW) for every Partner and establish an appropriate governance process including:
- Strategic Reviews: Run the Partner Performance Review Process, including Monthly Service Level Review Meetings, periodic Review Meetings for Social Benefits/Insurance and Income Tax.
- Rate Card Management: Maintain up to date Rate Cards of partner costs.
- Escalations: Develop and implement a matrixed Escalation process including Partner contacts, Internal Operations team and other stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvements: Identify areas for improved delivery/cost effectiveness.
- Contract Management:
- Ensure Partner contracts reflect the required "Back to Back" terms to cover service delivery for Ascender's external clients, including agreed Scope of Work, Master Service Agreement, Terms & Conditions, Service Level Agreement etc.
- Administer and monitor Partner contracts to ensure they are active and valid.
- Invoicing: validate partner invoices against forecast costs; assist with resolving discrepancies.
- Source and validate new In-Country payroll Partners in preparation for new business and growth.
- Build and maintain a "Win / Win" relationship with Partners
- Manage the suite of monthly financial reporting to the Asia Leadership Team
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Work experience in Operations Management in an outsourced services environment is required; payroll / payroll outsourcing experience a strong advantage.
- Minimum of 5 year's commercial experience (including experience with contract negotiation) is required, with strong commercial acumen.
- Experience in third party/vendor relationship management is required, including commercial and financial aspects.
- Ability to drive process standardisation and continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive, mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, maximising engagement; excellent written and verbal English language skills are required.
- Ability to identify and understand issues / problems / opportunities, and effectively draw conclusions and take action in a timely manner.
- Ability to complete projects or assignments efficiently, to the required standard and within agreed timeframes and budgets.
What Ascender offers:
- Competitive salary package.
- Opportunity to add value and shape best practice, with exposure to senior regional leadership.
- Vibrant team-based culture with an environment that supports improvement and change
- Flexible work options, with a great office location and long term career opportunities.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll needs.
We service these customers through 850+ dedicated Ascender staff based in 15 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your application with your CV attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.