We have an incredible rare 6-month contract for a UX Specialist to join our global product team!
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
As the UX Specialist, you will be part of a highly motivated cross-functional team and will use your strong understanding of UX principles and talent for uncovering true user needs to help define the future state for a suite of products.
The domain is complex and you will be supported by a 40+ team of Product Analysts, Developers and QA engineers that are all focused on creating the best user experiences.
Extending your reach into business process modelling, use case creation and data modelling will ensure you are able to turn high level concepts into concrete, implementable ideas.
Located at our offices in Dulwich, Adelaide, this role is geared for those that thrive on constantly learning new skills and applying them to create tangible outcomes.
- Analyse existing implementations and conduct internal interviews to understand user experience issues and opportunities.
- Evangelise UX concepts to the Product Team to increase everyone's capability and commitment for delivering high quality, compelling user experiences.
- Collaboratively define the design of solutions that fit the elicited requirements and align with the technology architecture.
- Create comprehensive functional specifications for product features in enough detail that the development team can create high quality, testable implementations.
- Continuously collaborate with Engineering, QA teams throughout the SDLC to ensure effective and efficient delivery of high-quality solutions that deliver business value.
- Groom product backlog to shape feature roadmaps aligned to business priorities as well as defect triage and action based on priority / severity assessment.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to digest, distil and communicate complex concepts into wireframes, mockups, use cases and workflow diagrams. To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to assess current designs against usability and user experience goals. You have strong written and spoken communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels and listen effectively. Ideally, you have an understanding of or experience in SDLC and agile methodologies and the pros of cons of Design Thinking. Having exposure HR and/or payroll systems experience is highly regarded but not essential. In addition, you will have a genuine desire to take products from good to great. Finally, joining a highly collaborative team you will thrive in contributing to the overall success of the team.
What We Offer
- Strong collaborative environment within Product group
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Locally developed product, with most of the team based in Australia.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!