Technical Services Consultant - Integrations
Ascender is a leading provider of Payroll and HCM Software and outsourced services across APAC. Due to business growth and growing demand for system integrations, we have a new Technical Services Consultant position available.
This role is part of a small, dynamic team of technical consultants responsible for integrating client solutions (for example HCM, WFM, T&A, Finance, BI, Active Directory systems) with Ascender payroll solutions.
You will consult directly with clients and deliver required integration and SSO (single sign-on) solutions hands-on end to end, in a PMO environment. Note: This is a codeless process, involving scripting, configuration and deployment only.
In this fast-paced environment you will multi-task to manage multiple clients and deliverables simultaneously. You will have the opportunity to bounce ideas off the internal team and leverage team strengths to support best client outcomes.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a technical graduate or someone with a technical background looking to move into the integration space. Initial focus will be SSO and sFTP-related pieces of work, evolving over time to encompass larger integration-based project work.
This full time, permanent role can be based in Mascot or Southbank, both offices a short walk from the nearest station.
- Hands-on consulting, configuration, scripting, documentation and deployment activities to deliver technical services comprising of integration, Single Sign On (SSO) and SFTP within a projectized environment (no programming/very minimal scripting required)
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to scope and estimate new technical services work.
- Manage end-to-end delivery of technical services (scheduling, managing work tasks with PMO, delivering hands-on technical work to project timeframes).
- Work within the Ascender process and methodology framework to implement client technical requirements.
- Design and optimise business processes and integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Run customer workshops to gather relevant information/data mapping requirements for integrations.
- Train users on tools and methods around integration, SSO, sFTP and integration.
- Support customers through various testing phases of integration and production cutover.
- Train and handover client configurations to support organisation post Go-Live.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience in IT (either work experience or relevant TAFE/University qualifications).
- Prior experience in customer service or client facing roles, with strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to explain technical details to client stakeholders.
- Understanding of enterprise integration tools is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with deployments of enterprise software systems using industry standard environments including XML, CSV and sFTP/HTTP/HTTPS is desirable.
- Understanding of sFTP, SSO, Web Services, SOAP, XML and XSLT is preferred.
- Prior project implementation experience is an advantage.
- Team player who can take ownership and be proactive, with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to travel to client sites from time to time, as allowable under current COVID19 restrictions.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to take ownership of your project tasks and interact with diverse clients.
- Varied technical integration work on multiple systems.
- Close-knit team within a growing organisation offering career development opportunities.
- Flexible work options, with great locations in Mascot or Southbank close to public transport.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application with your CV and cover letter attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.