Technical Services Consultant
In the role of Technical Services Consultant, you will join a small, dynamic team of technical consultants responsible for integrating client solutions (for example HCM, WFM, T&A, Finance, BI, Active Directory systems) with Ascender payroll solutions.
The role involves consulting directly with clients and delivering required integration and SSO solutions hands-on end to end, in a PMO environment. Note: The integrations are a codeless process, involving scripting, configuration and deployment only.
In this fast-paced environment you will be responsible for delivery of allocated integrations and SSO, multi-tasking to manage multiple clients and deliverables simultaneously. You will have the opportunity to bounce ideas off the internal team and leverage team strengths to support best client outcomes.
This full time, permanent role is based in Mascot – new offices a short walk from the train station.
- Hands-on consulting, configuration, scripting, documentation and deployment activities to deliver technical services comprising of integration, Single Sign On (SSO) and iPaaS within a projectized environment (involving very minimal scripting, regexp and SQL querying)
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to scope and estimate new technical services work.
- Manage end-to-end delivery of technical services (scheduling, managing work tasks with PMO, delivering hands-on technical work to project timeframes).
- Work within the Ascender process and methodology framework to implement client technical requirements.
- Design and optimise business processes and integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Run customer workshops to gather relevant information/data mapping requirements for integrations.
- Train users on tools and methods around integration, SSO and iPaaS.
- Support customers through various testing phases of integration and production cutover.
- Train and handover client configurations to support organisation post Go-Live.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree (Science or IT).
- Prior experience in client-facing roles, with data integration project experience.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools.
- Demonstrated experience with deployments of enterprise software systems using industry standard environments including XML and HTTP/HTTPS.
- Experience with sFTP, Web Services, SOAP or REST API, XML and XSLT.
- Prior project experience following Waterfall and/or Agile project implementation methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes and self-manage within a small team environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong understanding of business and technical requirements analysis.
- Ability to travel to client sites from time to time.
Preferred Experience/Skills (an advantage, but not mandatory):
- Prior experience involving Cloud deployment models in a PMO environment.
- Prior experience implementing Single Sign On (SSO).
What we offer:
- Opportunity to take ownership of your project tasks and interact with diverse clients.
- Varied technical integration work on multiple systems.
- Close-knit team within a growing Australian-owned APAC organisation.
- Flexible work options.
- Great location in Mascot, close to public transport.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application with your CV and cover letter attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.