Ascender is growing! We are a leading Payroll and HCM solutions provider across APAC and due to business growth we have a permanent, full time opportunity for a Technical Consultant to join our Ascender Public and Enterprise Services business unit.
Roles can be located in the following office locations: Bentley – Perth, Mascot – Sydney, Southbank – Melbourne.
As part of the Professional Services team working with our leading payroll platform Ascender Pay, this role will provide a diverse mix of implementations, version upgrades and ad hoc client projects.
You will provide technical consulting services to external clients; based on their business needs you will design, develop and test software customisations and enhancements. There are also opportunities for you to participate in or lead system integrations projects.
We support remote onboarding and working from home according to current state restrictions, with return to the office location when restrictions are lifted.
Note: To be considered, you will need to have the relevant work rights; we are unable to sponsor work visas.
- Lead or contribute to Ascender Pay projects to deliver system outcomes to clients, using Professional Services project and consulting methodologies.
- Conduct requirements gathering, making recommendations to contribute to successful client outcomes.
- Undertake solution design to address client requirements and translate client requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Develop customisations and enhancements of the Ascender Pay product based on approved technical specification.
- Ensure integrity of data and adequate system performance for developed solution; plan and conduct unit testing.
- Provide support and technical assistance to clients including problem analysis, troubleshooting and testing of the Ascender Pay Platform.
- Provide quality documentation and reporting in relation to all assignments.
- Actively manage service delivery and internal and external stakeholder communication, identifying and escalating risks to manager where appropriate.
- Build good client relationships; be accessible and communicate regularly.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Ascender Pay Product and deliver technical training as needed.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Oracle PL/SQL Development/Design experience required, with:
- Oracle Forms and Reports
- Oracle BI Publisher experience an advantage but not required.
- Linux scripting experience desirable.
- System integration experience an advantage.
- At least 5 years' experience with software design and implementation, including document writing experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Excellent analytical skills; creative and critical thinking with the ability to make decisions on the job to achieve project outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills (high level of written and verbal English) with experience consulting to external clients.
- Ability to travel to and work at client site if required; some interstate or overseas travel may be required at times.
- Organised, with ability to work under pressure and deliver to project deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a project team.
- Experience with payroll or related HR systems an advantage; experience with Ascender Pay desirable but training will be provided.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and flexible hours, with great office locations.
- Opportunity to interact with diverse clients and industries.
- Diverse project work, with opportunities to broaden technical skills.
- A successful, growing and motivated team where the focus is on collaboration and support for great client outcomes.
- Growing APAC organisation offering long term development and potential career opportunities.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV by clicking 'Apply'.