Technical Consultant - HR & Payroll Systems
Ascender is growing! We are a leading Payroll and HCM solutions provider across APAC and due to business growth we now have three new permanent, full time opportunities for Technical Consultants to join our Ascender Public and Enterprise Services business unit.
Roles can be located in the following office locations: Australia: Bentley – Perth, Mascot – Sydney, Southbank – Melbourne or Brisbane; New Zealand: Auckland or Wellington; Malaysian: Petaling Jaya.
As part of the Professional Services team working with our leading payroll platform Ascender Pay, this role will provide a diverse mix of implementations, version upgrades and ad hoc client projects.
You will provide technical consulting services to external clients; based on their business needs you will design, develop and test software customisations and enhancements. There are also opportunities for you to participate in or lead system integrations projects.
Note: To be considered for any of these roles, you will need to have work rights for the relevant location; no support is provided for work visas, Employment Passes or relocation.
- Lead or contribute to Ascender Pay projects to deliver system outcomes to clients, using Professional Services project and consulting methodologies.
- Conduct requirements gathering, making recommendations to contribute to successful client outcomes.
- Undertake solution design to address client requirements and translate client requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Develop customisations and enhancements of the Ascender Pay product based on approved technical specification.
- Ensure integrity of data and adequate system performance for developed solution; plan and conduct unit testing.
- Provide support and technical assistance to clients including problem analysis, troubleshooting and testing of the Ascender Pay Platform.
- Provide quality documentation and reporting in relation to all assignments.
- Actively manage service delivery and internal and external stakeholder communication, identifying and escalating risks to manager where appropriate.
- Build good client relationships; be accessible and communicate regularly.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Ascender Pay Product and deliver technical training as needed.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Oracle PL/SQL Development/Design experience required, with:
- Oracle Forms and Reports
- Oracle BI Publisher experience an advantage but not required.
- Linux scripting experience desirable.
- System integration experience an advantage.
- At least 5 years' experience with software design and implementation, including document writing experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Excellent analytical skills; creative and critical thinking with the ability to make decisions on the job to achieve project outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills (high level of written and verbal English) with experience consulting to external clients.
- Ability to travel to and work at client site if required; some interstate or overseas travel may be required at times.
- Organised, with ability to work under pressure and deliver to project deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a project team.
- Experience with payroll or related HR systems an advantage; experience with Ascender Pay desirable but training will be provided.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and flexible hours, with great office locations.
- Opportunity to interact with diverse clients and industries.
- Diverse project work, with opportunities to broaden technical skills.
- A successful, growing and motivated team where the focus is on collaboration and support for great client outcomes.
- Growing APAC organisation offering long term development and potential career opportunities.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 language to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV by clicking 'Apply'.