In this Payroll Team Leader position you will manage one of our outsourced teams based in Mascot. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing approximately 10 client payrolls of various sizes and industries, ensuring the team deliver these payrolls accurately and on time.
To be successful you will need strong payroll knowledge, good leadership skills and exceptional customer service focus.
Our outsourced environment provides opportunities to deliver payroll services to multiple clients with a team-based approach, offering development and career opportunities that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and ensure all client payrolls are delivered accurately and on-time
- Lead a team of Payroll Consultants and develop, motivate and engage them
- Problem solve and deal with escalations
- Assist with complex payroll matters eg. GL, month end, payroll tax, superannuation reconciliations, Bonus calculations
- Assist with Payroll systems configurations, keeping up to date with payroll legislation and changes
- Follow and promote compliance protocols, and participate in internal and external audits
Skills & Experience:
- End-to-end payroll processing experience in high volume environment
- Team leadership experience, with people-focused leadership skills
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience in Preceda ideal but not essential
- Excellent communication and client relationship management skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Previous experience in an outsourcing environment highly regarded
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists)
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don’t just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking ‘Apply’ button.