Team Lead - Payroll Implementation & Consulting
Ascender is growing! We are a leading APAC Payroll and HCM SaaS and outsourcing provider and we have a new opportunity for a Payroll Business Consulting Team Lead within Ascender's Public & Enterprise (AP&E) business unit.
This position can be located in Perth (Bentley) or Sydney (Mascot), and will lead a team of experienced Business Consultants to deliver payroll consulting and implementation projects to our clients nationally and internationally in the APAC region.
You will be working with one of our leading enterprise payroll systems, and will collaborate closely with the AP&E Technical Consulting, Project Management and PMO teams to manage resources and deliver high quality consulting project outcomes.
You will lead the business consulting team hands-on, supporting the team with process streamlining and effective resource management. You will take on consulting work directly with key clients at times, and be a main point of contact and escalation.
- Lead the Business Consulting team to deliver high quality business consulting projects within budget and agreed timeframes, providing excellent client service and building ongoing client relationships.
- Mentor, manage and develop the AP&E Business Consulting team.
- Build and maintain expert knowledge of the Ascender Pay application to support the execution of business consulting work for Ascender clients.
- Act as escalation point, remediating issues escalated by the client and AP&E colleagues.
- Provide hands-on Business Consulting for high profile projects or when additional resources are needed to address immediate client needs.
- Develop systems, processes and templates to streamline business consulting processes and management.
- Support the analysis of workload and workforce demand information, providing recommendations as required.
- Represent the Business Consulting team in relevant discussions/projects and support Account Directors on potential client work, providing expert advice to clients and recommendations on solutions
- Assist with public training courses and client training as required.
Skills and Experience required:
- 5+ years' hands-on experience with enterprise payroll systems – either payroll processing, system administration or implementation and configuration.
- 3+ years' experience working with external clients in a payroll-related consulting environment.
- Ascender Pay (formerly known as Alesco) experience highly regarded.
- Prior team leadership experience with a people-focused approach.
- Project management experience and/or experience working in a PMO environment, with ability to drive and work to deadlines and agreed outcomes.
- Commercial acumen; comfort with commercial discussions around scope and costs with client.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and work allocation across a team
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and experience with both internal and external clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to lead an experienced professional services consulting team at an exciting time in Ascender's growth journey, helping drive our vision for total customer satisfaction.
- Leading in-house developed enterprise payroll system.
- Ability to contribute to and shape Ascender's AP&E business.
- Driven and collaborative team based across Asia Pacific region.
- Growing organisation with career progression opportunities.
- Competitive salary and great office locations.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million employees of our customers being paid using Ascender's HR/payroll platforms throughout the regions, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll needs.
We service these customers through 800 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll knowledge and expertise across 7 languages, providing payroll solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking 'Apply' button.