In this Payroll Team Leader position, you will manage one of our outsourced teams based in Southbank, Melbourne. Part of the Payroll Operations Delivery team, you will be responsible for delivering professional, accurate and client focused payroll services.
To be successful you will need strong payroll knowledge, good leadership skills and exceptional customer service focus.
Our outsourced environment provides opportunities to deliver payroll services to multiple clients with a team-based approach, offering development and career opportunities that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and ensure all client payrolls are delivered accurately and on-time
- Lead a team of Payroll Consultants and develop, motivate and engage them
- Problem solve and deal with escalations
- Assist with complex payroll matters eg. GL, month end, payroll tax, superannuation reconciliations, Bonus calculations
- Assist with Payroll systems configurations, keeping up to date with payroll legislation and changes
- Follow and promote compliance protocols, and participate in internal and external audits
Skills & Experience:
- End-to-end payroll processing experience in high volume environment
- High volume payroll delivery or outsourcing environment highly regarded
- Team leadership experience, with people-focused leadership skills
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience in Preceda is ideal but not essential
- Excellent communication and client relationship management skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Previous experience in an outsourcing environment highly regarded
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists).
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals.
- Great office locations and a vibrant team culture where people come first.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button