TAPS Payroll Expert / Training Officer
The Association for Payroll Specialists (TAPS) is Australia's leading payroll association, representing over 6,500 payroll professionals.
Due to an internal move, we have a new position for a Payroll Expert & Training Officer, based in Mascot, Sydney.
Reporting to the TAPS Team Leader, in this role you will provide member services, including answering member Helpline calls, handling payroll legislation queries, supporting TAPS events and delivering Payroll Training courses.
If you are an experienced payroll professional and would be keen to do something different with your payroll knowledge and experience, this could be the ideal role for you!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Keep up to date with all legislation changes.
- Write articles/contribute to the TAPS newsletter.
- Present at TAPS events from time to time.
- Deliver training courses.
- Update and improve the training curriculum.
- Answer Client Helpline calls; assist clients with resolving complex payroll and payroll legislation queries.
- Provide up-to-date advice to clients, drawing on team expertise as needed.
- Work on projects from time to time to support improvement and innovation across TAPS member offerings.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Expert Australian and NZ payroll legislation knowledge, across diverse sectors.
- Interested in providing payroll training, sharing expertise and problem-solving complex payroll queries.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex payroll legislation in a way the receiver understands.
- Excellent coordination and time management skills
- Strong customer focus and good team collaboration skills.
- Good MS Office skills.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to stay abreast of current payroll legislation, working with a like-minded team of payroll experts.
- A supportive and motivated team environment.
- Opportunity to apply your payroll knowledge across diverse industries and settings, with a variety of work each day.
- Flexible work options and great office location close to a train station.
Part of the Ascender family, The Association for Payroll Specialists (TAPS) is Australia's leading payroll association representing over 6,500 payroll professionals.
We provide a range of services to help payroll people and keep them up to date with Australia's complex payroll environment including training, helpline, newsletters and payroll health checks.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.