Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
Ascender is looking for a Payroll System Administrator, located in Southbank, Melbourne/Mascot, Sydney/Bentley, Perth (temporary work from home) who will provide configuration and support of AscenderPay functionality as directed by the Operation Manager, System Administration Team Lead, Payroll Team Lead and clients as applicable. The System Administrator will utilise knowledge and conduct necessary analysis, problem solving and testing of all areas of Ascender Pay system and Payroll knowledge to resolve client's issues.
- Ensure the integrity of data and system security through the system configuration, rule definitions, access levels and processes as applicable and directed.
- Responsibility for documenting detailed specifications and checking requests for new code configuration for Allowances, Deductions, Super and Pay rates within the system.
- Facilitates system security process from a user perspective through allocation of appropriate access levels according to positions held.
- Ensuring customer needs are facilitated through the usage and output of the system
- Facilitation of internal training and knowledge sharing sessions with the payroll team
- Conduct analysis, problem solving and testing as required for effective payroll delivery
- Provides support to payroll team on software functionality including analysis, problem solving and testing
- Actively manage service delivery in line with quality and scheduled expectations
- Engage and consult to ensure the system request are managed and communicated appropriately in obtaining best solution to clients.
- Responsible for End of Year processing with the payroll team as directed.
- Responsible for creation, administration, and timely communication through ticketing system
- Coordination of project activities related to Human Resources and Payroll Systems initiatives
- Managing of all requests from clients and support on queries related to payroll, basic HR policies and use of the web self-service kiosk.
- Adheres to all company and client policies, procedures and standards.
- Experience using Payroll System is an advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Timely delivery of new setup and configurations
- Knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience in Systems Administration of a HRIS application
- Work with minimum supervision in a large processing team.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to join a critical support services team at an exciting time in Ascender's growth journey, helping drive our vision for total customer satisfaction.
- Driven team based across Asia Pacific region
- Growing organisation with career progression
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!