Subject Matter Expert, Managed Services
Ascender is a leading payroll outsourcing provider in the AsiaPac region. We have a new opportunity for a Payroll Subject Matter Expert to support our payroll operations teams and other internal stakeholders by providing professional, technical and legislative expert advice and solutions for complex payroll and system queries.
This position can be based in our offices in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will also provide advice, counsel and guidance on projects, upcoming compliance activities, audit, implementations and integrations.
Our operations teams deliver payroll services to multiple clients and as a leading payroll managed services and SaaS provider, Ascender offers unique career and learning opportunities for payroll professionals that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
If you are a senior payroll professional in a high volume payroll setting and you would enjoy dealing with diverse clients in a fast-paced, team focused environment this is an ideal opportunity to make a move to an organisation that supports long term career growth and development.
- Work with the Operations Manager to resolve escalation points and complex queries.
- Provide expertise and direction to operations team members as needed.
- Lead agreed process improvements and process reengineering for clients and payroll consultants, testing system configuration changes to ensure correct delivery.
- Provide expert input into internal audit and compliance requirements and other internal projects as required.
- Keep abreast of current payroll legislation and ensure payroll compliance for AU & NZ.
- Recommend continuous improvement projects that enhance timely, responsive, accurate and well controlled service delivery and customer satisfaction ratings.
- Assist with tracking and monitoring of change requests and issue resolutions
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders (product development, professional services) on projects as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive experience with multi currency payroll and HR practices;
- Ascender Pay experience desirable; Excel proficiency is required.
- High-volume payroll experience required; experience in an outsourced payroll environment an advantage.
- Expertise in payroll reporting, GL, lodgment of statutory payments, STP.
- Experience with EBA's, awards, contract interpretation and legislation updates.
- Ability to interpret leave accruals and conduct audits.
- Global employee mobilisation exposure (inpats and expats).
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to respond to complex issues under pressure and within strict timelines.
- Ability to plan, organize & schedule work flow in a short time frame.
- Ability to establish strong internal relationships and networks, with an approachable, team-oriented, and solutions focused style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists)
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
- Great office location and attractive salary package
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.