With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 15 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 language to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
About the Role
The Strategic Analyst is responsible for providing reports and analytics support to our Managed Services and as required, beyond. This role will report to the Head of Managed Services.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Establish reporting structure for Asia Services Business Unit
- Study and understand the Managed Services Framework to be able to identify indicators, data sources to be converted into reports that will drive process stabilization and improvements.
- Collaborate with respective tool owners to understand data sources
- Develop reports inventory and socialize with stakeholders
- Embed reporting governance in the overall Asia BU framework
- Takes the lead in building baseline data for the BU
- Documents work instructions for standard reports
- Reporting and Analytics
- Maintains payroll dashboards
- Produce and deliver standard (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) and adhoc reports, templates, scorecard, etc.
- Maintain data integrity by ensuring accuracy and consistency of input data
- Analyze errors and ensure proper quality controls are in place to avoid repeat issues.
- Provides analysis on data trends observed
- Assists in the creation of presentation materials for business reviews
- Responds to requests from sales or solutions team for any information that may help potential deals.
- Assist in various projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Understands data points from multiple tools (e.g. Salesforce, PeoplePay, Humanforce, etc.) as sources of raw data for reporting purposes.
- Collaborates with tools owners for any reporting requirements
- Estabish and maintain a repository for all standard reports
- Adhoc administration tasks
- Support the review, updated and maintenance of BU documentation and reports
- Assist with the execution of compliance programs, internal and external audits
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience/training.
- Expert skills in MS Excel and strong experience in MS PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented, able to identify root cause behind events and pro-active in turning this into process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to successful completion
- Understanding of HR processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements for at least one functional area
- Experience in working for a multi-national firm desirable.
- Experience in a shared service center environment preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently, with proven ability to form strong partnerships with key stakeholders (international contacts, internal peers, and clients).
- Good communicator and strong presentation skills
- At least 2 years experience in a role providing data & analytics in a BPO environment
The Ascender Values:
- People First – We understand people are not simply an input into our business, they are our business. We collaborate to build strong morale and positive spirit in our teams. We celebrate diversity and uniqueness while providing a rewarding and engaging working environment for all.
- Client Focused – Great relationships are the source of our success. We aspire to provide the highest levels of customer service by listening to and empathising with our clients, by providing superior solution quality, and by caring deeply about helping them succeed.
- Integrity – We trust each other to do our jobs and to always act with integrity no matter the cost. We are open, honest, tell it like it is and always strive to do the right thing.