- Seeking an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Software Tester to ensure the quality and reliability of Ascender software released to customers
- Fast paced development environment with lots of key projects underway
- Growing organisation with career progression available
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Team Lead, the Software Tester is accountable for the successful testing, documenting and support of assigned projects within development time frames.
- ?Reviewing and providing input to development design specifications and software requirements to ensure meeting customer needs
- Designing software test case scenarios for enhancements, legislative changes and bug fixes
- Manually executing test case scenarios across different products
- Manually undertaking system testing for software releases and software upgrades
- Liaising with software developers and members of other teams to ensure the software meets desired functional outcomes and conforms to standards
- Creating and reviewing detailed release notes documenting system changes
- Estimating and meeting agreed development schedules
- Providing support for other business areas regarding system functionality
Experience & Applications:
- Knowledge and working experience working with a Payroll / Human Resources software package desirable
- Experience in performing software quality assurance testing
- Ability to understand solution design documentation and provide input and feedback to developers and stakeholders
- Ability to write and execute test cases to ensure the quality of the product
- Sound written skills with ability to write clear and concise customer documentation
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Experience using bug tracking and project management software
- Experience of agile and iterative testing methodologies
- Capability to keep up with latest trends and to be able to objectively provide product input
What we offer:
- You have the security of 20+ year old company with the mandate to refresh the existing platforms with new technologies
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Strong collaborative environment within HCM group
- Locally developed product
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!