In Product & Technology, we are now seeking to take our outsourced solution internally and build our own team.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Team Lead, the Software Tester is accountable for the successful testing, documenting and support of assigned projects within development time frames.
- ?Reviewing and providing input to development design specifications and software requirements to ensure meeting customer needs
- Designing software test case scenarios for enhancements, legislative changes and bug fixes
- Manually executing test case scenarios across different products
- Manually undertaking system testing for software releases and software upgrades
- Liaising with software developers and members of other teams to ensure the software meets desired functional outcomes and conforms to standards
- Creating and reviewing detailed release notes documenting system changes
- Estimating and meeting agreed development schedules
- Providing support for other business areas regarding system functionality
Experience & Applications:
- Knowledge and working experience working with a Payroll / Human Resources software package desirable
- Experience in performing software quality assurance testing
- Ability to understand solution design documentation and provide input and feedback to developers and stakeholders
- Ability to write and execute test cases to ensure the quality of the product
- Sound written skills with ability to write clear and concise customer documentation
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Experience using bug tracking and project management software
- Experience of agile and iterative testing methodologies
- Capability to keep up with latest trends and to be able to objectively provide product input
Ascender will provide a unique environment that balances different things in a workplace.
- Security of 20+ year old company with the mandate to refresh the existing platforms with new technologies i.e. you get to learn and grow your technology skill set.
- Existing tools and processes and also opportunities to experiment with new approaches to software testing and getting stuff done.
- Experienced Software Testers for mentorship but also a culture that embraces new ideas.
We want people who will challenge the status quo and bring fresh ideas – at all levels.