Senior Time & Attendance Payroll Specialist
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
We have a new opportunity for a permanent full-time Time and Attendance Subject Matter Expert to be located in our Southbank, Melbourne (flexible work set up) office. The Subject Matter Expert Time & Attendance provides critical and urgent support for clients under AU jurisdiction in terms of processes, legislation, and other matters.
- Provide expert support for the Operations Manager, Payroll Manager, Payroll Team Leader, and Payroll Executives/Payroll Consultants with regards to the following:
- Legislation updates
- Time and Attendance Payroll processes
- System usage
- Best practices as gleaned from other teams
- Create and update process documents to be included with the Knowledge Management team's database
- Develop training materials with the Learning and Development team to provide learning modules for operations
- Provide training as applicable to appropriate audience (with coordination with the Learning and Development team)
- Review and follow up action items on root cause analyses
- Attend client meetings to better explain incidents and actions taken/will be taken
- Determine legislation updates for countries assigned and disseminate information accordingly to the operations teams
- Ensure standardisation opportunities are realised wherever possible
- Provide inputs in creating and updating Business Continuity Plans
- Develop and maintain client facing materials that can be used during operational calls
- Coordinate system testing whenever applicable including but not limited to regression testing and user acceptance testing
Qualifications and Experience, Job Specific Knowledge and Skills Required
- Extensive Time and Attendance and payroll related experience (WFS highly regarded)
- Advanced excel and Microsoft Office required
- Ability to communicate to clients in a clear and concise manner preferably without using 'system-speak'
- Capacity to see projects through to completion
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists)
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
- Great office location and attractive salary package
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.