Senior Tax Accountant
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth across markets as part of the global Ceridian organisation.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Tax Accountant to join our ever growing and dynamic finance team in this newly created role. Reporting to the Head of Tax & Treasury this Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for supporting all local and international tax compliance and reporting requirements.
- Support the implementation and management of the Group's Tax governance policies and procedures.
- Assist in compliance with local and overseas tax filings, including liaising with external Tax Advisors, responding to requests for information and preparation of local and NZ income tax and fringe benefits tax returns.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to understand business activity, source information, and analyse data for filing preparation and information requests.
- Assist with internal and external tax reporting activities, including preparation of calculations and related work papers to comply with APAC and US accounting for income tax requirements and SOX.
- Assist in development of tax strategies to minimise the Group's global tax obligations.
- Manage tax projects as identified to support the overall Group tax policy and maintain a high performing APAC tax department.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified and either completed or working toward CA/ CPA.
- Experience in tax accounting and/ or tax compliance role with exposure to US GAAP.
- Experience with tax compliance software.
- Ability to work proactively with minimum supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt in a busy, rapidly changing environment with competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow processes with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What Ascender Offers
- Competitive salary package and flexible work options.
- Convenient location with on-site parking.
- Vibrant team-based culture with an environment that supports improvement and change.
- Growing organisation, now part of a global US-listed company.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!