Senior QA Engineer
Ascender is the leading payroll and HR software and solutions provider in the Asia Pacific ("APAC") region servicing more than 1.3 million employees of our customers across 1400 global brands. Headquartered in Australia, we provide both SaaS and fully managed outsourced service offerings via market leading, fully-owned IP and through our 850 staff with delivery centres throughout Australia and Asia. Our purpose is to help our clients put their people first and unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Ascender acquired PeopleStreme HCM in October 2018. PeopleStreme HCM software is a complete suite of modular Human Resource Information Systems, which provides 22 solutions across areas such as recruitment, talent management, learning and development, workforce planning and analytics, to deliver better HCM outcomes for businesses and HR teams. The complete HR suite has been specifically developed by the PeopleStreme team to help businesses unlock their full potential through hiring, managing and growing their workforce. PeopleStreme has been operating for 16 years and now has around 250 HCM customers primarily in Australia.
- Perform all QA activities aligned to the Product Test Strategy, leveraging the latest tools and technologies to provide comprehensive coverage of the product
- Execute and provide technical expertise and support to ensure efficient and effective QA of all product change
- Investigate and recommend changes in approach to QA, Development and Requirements activities that will leapfrog existing capabilities
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management teams throughout the SDLC to ensure effective and efficient delivery of high quality solutions that deliver business value
- Plan, Design and implement effective Test Design and Test Cases that effectively meet all Quality metrics, including Test coverage, traceability and time for execution
- Drive the execution of effective QA activities within the QA group
- Ensure the Product Development Group adhere to and enforce all required standards compliance (SOC, ISO)
- Drive the effective execution of defined SDLC practices across the Product Development Group.
- Show thought leadership within the Product Development group through effective training and support of both QA staff and other Team members
Qualifications and Experience
- Comprehensive understanding or certification in ITSQB with 5+ years of experience in applying all concepts to real world situations.
- Experience in effective Test Design and exposure to collaborative Test Driven Development
- Ability to digest, distill and communicate complex concepts in simple, understandable ways
- Experience with effective Test Automation tools and techniques
- Detailed understanding of various Software Development lifecycles and the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Effective communication skills of both business and technical concepts at all levels
- Experience working with Off shore development teams is desirable
- Scrum master experience or qualification is desirable
- Experience with Jira / QMetry is desirable
- HR and/or payroll systems experience is desirable
- Functional knowledge of HR and/or payroll business processes is desirable
- Proficient with personal computer tools, preferably Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel etc