Senior QA Engineer
Due to an internal promotion, we have an opportunity for a highly effective and motivated Senior QA Engineer to join our high-performance Product Development Group.
You will work on one of Ascender’s leading payroll products (Preceda) within a large-scale software development team that is motivated to help create world-class experiences in the Payroll/HR sector.
Reporting to the QA Manager, you will define and enforce a consistent Test Strategy across the Product Development Group to ensure rapid, comprehensive automated testing of key functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases for large product changes
- Analyse requirements and design documentation to formulate comprehensive test scenarios and test cases
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Develop, monitor and enforce QA measures and processes
- Liaise with Engineers and Product Analysts to ensure changes meet standards and correctly address functional requirements
- Mentor a team of software QA engineers in ISTQB testing techniques
Experience & Skills:
- Strong understanding, qualifications or experience with ISTQB
- Extensive experience defining effective, structured test plans, designs & testing strategies
- Experience in test automation tools and techniques, including development of Automation Framework for UI and API Testing
- Experience working in large product development teams highly desirable
- JIRA and Confluence experience is highly desirable
- Experience developing Automation Framework using Selenium, Cucumber and/or setting up Automation Suites as part of CI/CD pipelines is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and learn quickly, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Payroll/HR experience is desirable
What we offer:
- Strong collaborative environment with Engineering group
- Locally developed product, with most of the team based in Australia
- Growing organisation offering development opportunities
- Great location and flexible work hours
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don’t just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking ‘Apply’ button.