Senior Project Manager - Application Implementations
Ascender is a leading provider of Payroll and HCM SaaS and managed services across the APAC region. Due to ongoing business growth a new opportunity has arisen within our ANZ Public Enterprise & Services Division for an Applications Implementation Senior Project Manager.
You will have end-to-end responsibility for Payroll and HR application projects, implementing or augmenting software solutions offered to Ascender clients.
You would be ultimately responsible for client satisfaction and project profitability at completion of projects. Delivering a project on time and at expected cost is critical for success, together with best practice processes and governance, and excellent communication with client and Ascender stakeholders throughout the project.
This is an ideal role for an experienced payroll application implementation Project Manager, looking to work across diverse clients and industries in an in-house role.
The position can be based in our offices in Bentley – Perth, Mascot – Sydney or Southbank – Melbourne.
- Manage governance activities including facilitation and coordination of project meetings with executive sponsors and senior stakeholders being the link between client and Ascender.
- Plan and manage time, cost and project resources to achieve delivery and effectively manage risk during project execution.
- Provide senior experience and support to the project team by demonstrating a strong understanding of Project Management processes and delivering high quality results.
- Support Sales responses and estimates by providing SME expertise on delivery approaches and responses to tenders where required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 5+ years project management experience with a successful track record as an Applications Project Manager working with external clients, managing large projects that involve technology and consulting services.
- Experience with Payroll or HRIS outsourcing projects (in a vendor capacity) is an advantage.
- Proven track record delivering projects on time and in budget.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Ability to work across diverse cultures – ideally with experience managing projects that span multiple countries and cultures.
- Performance driven and accountable with a demonstrated ability to maintain a strong bottom line focus.
- Understanding and application of basic revenue models and cost-to-completion projections.
- Appropriate tertiary and/or professional qualifications including PRINCE2 or equivalent certification is desirable but not required.
- MS Project and Excel at an intermediate level.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and flexible hours.
- Great office location close to public transport.
- An opportunity to shape the Ascender project management framework.
- We are entering a period of growth as part of a global organisation, and this role is key to driving great outcomes with clients.
- Long term career development opportunities.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV by clicking 'Apply'.