Senior Product Analyst - HCM
As the Senior Product Analyst – HCM (Human Capital Management) you will immerse yourself in the HR domain and define compelling experiences to take our products to the next level. Using business process modelling, use case, data modelling, and user experience skills you will drive these changes from their inception to deployment. You will lead one Product Analyst, and have the support of a very collaborative, cross functional team.
This full time, permanent role can be based in our offices in Dulwich, Adelaide or Southbank, Melbourne (remote/work-from-home onboarding will be supported until COVID restrictions allow a return to the office). The role will interest Product Designers with approx. 5-7 years' experience that want to challenge themselves solving difficult problems and/or want the opportunity to lead a small team.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external clients to identify problems, elicit requirements and work on solutions applicable to the wider customer base.
- Work on the design of solutions that fit the elicited requirements and fit with the technology and business criteria.
- Analyse and document new product features through Functional Specifications, Consolidated flow diagrams, State Transition diagrams, wireframes, mockups, truth tables and data mapping; ensure existing documentation will be maintained when minor changes and/or defects are addressed.
- Continuously collaborate with Engineering, QA teams throughout the SDLC to ensure effective and efficient delivery of high quality solutions that deliver business value.
- Groom product backlog to shape feature roadmaps aligned to business priorities as well as defect triage and action based on priority / severity assessment.
- Acquire a general understanding of the product and serve as a main point of reference for Customer Service, Consulting, Sales, Training, Operations and Account Management teams' guidance.
- Keep up to date with technology, software development, HR, legislation and payroll industry developments and trends.
Experience & Skill
- 5-7 years' product design and/or business analyst experience.
- Ability to digest, distil and communicate complex concepts in use cases, workflow diagrams, wireframes and/or mockups.
- A genuine desire to take products from good to great.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills at all levels, with ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- An understanding of/experience in SDLC and agile methodologies.
- Ability to manage time well, prioritise work and develop creative solutions while working under pressure.
- Capability to work collaboratively as part of a team spread across Australia and offshore.
- Tertiary Qualification in Computing, Business Analysis, Software Product Management or suitably related field highly regarded but not essential.
- Understanding of process modelling tools (MS Visio, Bizagi modeller, Lucidchart), wireframes modelling tools (Lucidchart, Balsamiq) and personal computer tools (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Office 365, etc).
- Understanding of UML 2.0 highly regarded but not essential; experience with Adobe Xd an advantage but not required.
- HR systems/domain experience (ERecruitment, LMS, Performance Management, Onboarding etc) highly regarded but not essential.
What we offer:
- Strong collaborative environment within Product group
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Locally developed product, with most of the team based in Australia
- Great locations and flexible work hours
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking 'Apply' button.