Senior Payroll Officer
Ascender is a leading payroll outsourcing provider in APAC, and we have a rare new opportunity for a Senior Payroll Officer in our payroll team based in the Melbourne (Southbank) office.
Reporting to the Service Centre Manager, as a Senior Payroll Officer you will use our leading payroll platform in a fast-paced, high-volume outsourced environment. You will be responsible for delivery of professional, accurate and client-focused payroll services to clients within required time frames, and help supervise and guide the team day to day.
This role offers diversity and development opportunities that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles and is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer looking to broaden their exposure and skillset and open up additional career pathways for the future.
- Delivery of accurate and timely HR and Payroll services per client contract, whilst providing hands-on management and direction to the Payroll
- Assisting with reporting requirements and using your Payroll expertise to analyse, problem-solve and test solutions to resolve client Payroll and HR issues.
- Supporting queries from clients (including client staff and HR Managers) in a professional and empathetic manner and fostering a positive client relationship.
- Supporting the Service Centre Manager with team training and management.
- Working with minimum supervision in a large processing team and meeting KPI's as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- 4 years + of end-to-end Payroll experience in an autonomous role, processing high volume payrolls of 500+ employees (experience using Ascender Pay desirable, however systems training will be provided).
- Experience in NZ payroll is highly desirable
- Willing to work in NZ time zone
- Experience in a supervisory position with proven history in mentoring and coaching.
- Sound knowledge of HR, Payroll and Leave practices, procedures and legislation; complex EBA interpretation and multi-state payroll experience highly regarded.
- Excellent customer service focus, with previous experience in an outsourcing environment an advantage.
- Single Touch Payroll, reconciliations and Month End Processing experience.
- Previous experience working in a multi country company/team/environment will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with intermediate proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and deliver against tight deadlines.
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists).
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals.
- Great office locations and a vibrant team culture where people come first.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region.
For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your application with your CV attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.