Senior Payroll Officer
Ascender is growing! Due to business growth, we have a newly created permanent position (open to either full time or an 8 or 9 day fortnight part time arrangement) AND a second, 12 month full-time contract opportunity (parental leave cover).
As a Senior Payroll Officer you will be 2IC to the Team Lead, using a leading payroll platform in an outsourced environment that delivers professional, accurate and client-focused payroll services to multiple clients within required time frames. This role offers diversity and development opportunities that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
These are ideal opportunities for experienced payroll officers looking to broaden their exposure and skillset, and open up additional career pathways for the future.
- Delivery of accurate and timely HR and Payroll services as directed by the customer, whilst providing hands-on management and direction to the Payroll Consultant team.
- Assist with reporting requirements
- Use your Payroll expertise to analyse, problem-solve and test solutions to resolve client Payroll and HR issues.
- Support queries from clients (including client staff and HR Managers) in a professional and empathetic manner, and manage the client relationship.
- Support the Team Leader with team training and management.
- Work with minimum supervision in a large processing team and meet KPI’s as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Successful end-to-end Payroll experience in an autonomous role, processing high volume payrolls of 500+ employees (experience using Ascender Pay desirable but systems training will be provided)
- Experience in a supervisory position with proven history in mentoring and coaching
- Sound knowledge of HR, Payroll and Leave practices, procedures and legislation; complex EBA interpretation and multi-state payroll experience highly regarded
- Excellent customer service focus, with previous experience in an outsourcing environment an advantage
- Single Touch Payroll, reconciliations and Month End Processing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and deliver against tight deadlines
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association of Payroll Specialists)
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
- A competitive remuneration package is on offer
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don’t just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 language to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your application with your CV attached by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.