Senior Oracle Developer
Ascender, is the leading payroll and learning outsourcing provider in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East region. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
At Ascender you'll find a fast paced, real time atmosphere. As we evolve in the business we are working on creating a unique working experience of both innovative, go-getter spirit, and expert seasoned specialists.
In Product & Technology, we are now seeking to grow our team to support our exciting and challenging roadmap.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Senior Software Developer is accountable for the successful Support, Design, Development, Testing and documentation of assigned projects. Responsibilities include:
- ?The production of design documentation, development, testing and documentation within projects or sub projects.
- Identification of customer requirements.
- Liaising with customers, users, IT departments and managers.
- To plan and undertake the testing of programs prior to delivery to QA.
- Providing systems analysis and design.
- Providing support for live systems (where required by the customer to include out of hours support).
- Providing technical advice to junior staff.
Experience & Applications:
- Strong knowledge and working experience developing applications using APEX (minimum 2 years in a professional capacity)
- Experience developing in Java is a plus
- Experience developing Web Services is a plus
- Technically proficient in Oracle Forms, PLSQL, Oracle Reports
- Experience of BI Publisher development is attractive
- Degree or proven experience in programming.
- Experience of agile and iterative methodologies
- The ability to write reports for clients and to make effective presentations to clients and Ascender personnel
- Ability to provide technical design skills
- Capability to keep up with latest trends and to be able to objectively recommend
- Ability to write solution designs, functional documentation and unit test plans.
- Ability to maintain code and files via version control software (e.g. Subversion, GitHub)?
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking 'Apply' button below.