Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
This role reports to the Infrastructure and Applications Manager, Corporate IT and is primarily responsible for all IT Infrastructure and Corporate Applications.
- Participate in the incident and change management process, ensuring all incidents/changes meet agreed OLA's.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for major incidents.
- Participate in after-hours infrastructure support roster
- Analyse system performance metrics and provide recommendations on improvements to the Corporate & Customer IT Infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain technical process documentation, policy and reports regarding all operating infrastructure solutions.
- Plan patching & upgrade activities and participate in preventative maintenance windows
- Manage and Operate all Infrastructure Tool sets/software. (VMWare, Citrix, AD, Backup, Monitoring, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Participate in compliance activities supporting SOC1/2 and ISO27001/9001 frameworks
- Provide Infrastructure support to projects where required
- Provide input into Infrastructure technology standards
- Contribute to the continuous improvement activities of infrastructure services, proposing and implementing change.
- Instrumental in IT DR for Customer & Corporate IT apps and infrastructure activities
- Review and implement security recommendations related to IT infrastructure
The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and adept engineer who is eager to break down large, technical problems and solve them systematically with a proven record of accomplishment of successful solutions. To be succeed in this role, you will have an understanding and experience supporting server, storage, and network technologies. Furthermore, you must have an experience with virtualisation technologies, Public Cloud Platforms (AWS & Azure), backup solutions for on-prem and/or cloud, and Windows Server and Active Directory. The following qualifications will be highly regarded: Relevant industry certifications (Microsoft, AWS, Azure, VMware, CompTIA), exposure to SOC1/2, ISO27001/9001 frameworks, and Linux Operating Systems. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as this role will be required to work with and support other teams across the Ascender business.
What we offer:
- You have the security of 20+ year old company with the mandate to refresh the existing platforms with new technologies
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Strong collaborative environment within HCM group
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!