Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and adept engineer who is eager to break down large, technical problems and solve them systematically with a proven record of accomplishment of successful solutions. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as this role will be required to work with and support other teams across the Ascender business.
This role reports to the Infrastructure and Applications Manager, Corporate IT and is primarily responsible for all IT Infrastructure and Corporate Applications.
- Participate in the incident and change management process, ensuring all incidents/changes meet agreed OLA's.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for major incidents.
- Participate in after-hours infrastructure support roster
- Analyse system performance metrics and provide recommendations on improvements to the Corporate & Customer IT Infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain technical process documentation, policy and reports regarding all operating infrastructure solutions.
- Plan patching & upgrade activities and participate in preventative maintenance windows
- Manage and Operate all Infrastructure Tool sets/software. (VMWare, Citrix, AD, Backup, Monitoring, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Participate in compliance activities supporting SOC1/2 and ISO27001/9001 frameworks
- Provide Infrastructure support to projects where required
- Provide input into Infrastructure technology standards
- Contribute to the continuous improvement activities of infrastructure services, proposing and implementing change.
- Instrumental in IT DR for Customer & Corporate IT apps and infrastructure activities
- Review and implement security recommendations related to IT infrastructure
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering -OR- relevant industry certifications
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Understanding and experience supporting server, storage and network technologies
- Experience with virtualisation technologies
- Experience with Public Cloud Platforms (AWS & Azure)
- Experience with backup solutions for on-prem and/or cloud
- Windows Server and Active Directory
The following qualifications will be highly regarded:
- Relevant industry certifications (Microsoft, AWS, Azure, VMware, CompTIA)
- IT Industry Qualifications – Microsoft, VMware, Salesforce, ITIL, Six Sigma, SCRUM, PMP, PRINCE2
- Exposure to SOC1/2, ISO27001/9001 frameworks
- Linux Operating Systems