Senior Implementation Consultant
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don’t just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
We are seeking a motivated and customer-focused Business Consultant to join our Ascender Cloud Services business unit. As a Preceda consultant you would utilise your knowledge and experience in Payroll, Human Resources and the Preceda platform to deliver implementation projects for our clients.
Reporting to the Consulting Team Leader, the role manages any assigned Preceda implementation projects and adhoc Preceda consulting as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide application and business analyst consulting services across payroll and other modules.
- Identify solutions through understanding client requirements and researching the product options available.
- Develop functional specifications for clients and project management documentation.
- Communicate with customers in a timely and professional manner, including management and escalation of client issues as needed, and ensuring customers are aware of professional services charges for all tasks.
- Develop scoping requirements and documentation where requested.
- Work directly with third party vendors to provide total solutions to clients.
- Delivery of Preceda training.
- Maintain and enhance application knowledge.
- Conduct project workshops and ongoing project management for assigned implementations, according to Preceda Project Implementation Methodology.
- Support business development team by conducting product demonstrations and maintaining client details on SalesForce
- Travel intra and interstate to assist on projects when required.
- Accurate and timely activity and billing details to be maintained.
Skills & experience required:
- Sound knowledge of HR/Personnel, Payroll and Leave practices, procedures, operations and local legislation.
- Extensive payroll system experience, with experience with Preceda highly regarded
- Understanding of customer service philosophies and ability to deal with clients at all levels.
- Business acumen.
- Track record of successful delivery of timely and accurate consulting services in payroll applications.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required for project implementations.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office suite and MS Project.
- Ability to schedule and prioritise time.
- Ability to work autonomously, with a high level of initiative.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, with a high level of written and verbal English.
- Prepared to work additional hours when required to ensure project delivery to timeframe.