Senior Full Stack Developer
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation
In this hands-on role you will work with an existing team on fixes, enhancements, and ongoing ground-up redevelopment of the Ascender Cloud Services Human Capital Management (HCM) suite.
- You will be collaborating and working closely with an existing and talented team of developers and testers to deliver best in class customer experience.
- Perform software design and development in accordance with organisation standards of medium for large and complex changes.
- Drive and implement software design and development in accordance with organisation standards for small / medium changes.
- Deliver functionality according to specification, on time and to estimate at a high level of quality
- Participate in quality assurance activities within a project
- Actively improve the quality of the code base
- Design and implement comprehensive, testable solutions that include repeatable testing frameworks.
- Support other Ascender HCM team members in designing and architecting new software solutions.
- Guide and mentor developers, assist with day-to-day coding questions and provide guidance on best practice and performance improvements
- Manage a project team of software developers when required
Experience & Skills
- 3- 5 years of proven experience developing full-stack applications across the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience in implementing Microservices Architecture and Containerisation using Azure/AWS services
- Experience in implementing Multi-tenanted solutions
- Solid Understanding of OOP Design patterns, SOLID principles, and REST API design.
- Experience with Identity and Access Control solutions
- Experience with Jira, Azure DevOps and GIT
- Experience with Azure/AWS (IaaS, PaaS and Serverless)
- Experience integrating with third party products and web services
- Experience with unit, integration, and automated testing
- Experience with performance tuning and code optimisation
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- Bachelor' s degree or higher in computer science
- Experience leading a small team of developers will be an advantage for this role
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding communicator. Excellent communication skills, with a technical and non-technical audience, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solver
- Experience in leading and/or managing technical projects
- Highly organised and the ability to multitask
- A motivated team player and great developer's mentor
- Able to work effectively both in a team or as individual
What We Offer
- Full training will be provided as well as first class development opportunities.
- Strong collaborative environment within HCM group
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities
- Locally developed product, with most of the team based in Australia
- Great location and flexible work hours
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!