Senior Full Stack Developer
Reporting to the HCM Engineering Manager – in this hands-on role you will work with an existing team on fixes, enhancements, and ongoing ground-up redevelopment of the Ascender Cloud Services Human Capital Management (HCM) suite.
You will be collaborating and working closely with an existing and talented team of developer's and testers to deliver best in class customer experience.
- Perform software design and development in accordance with organisation standards of medium for large and complex changes.
- Drive and implement software design and development in accordance with organisation standards for small / medium changes.
- Deliver functionality according to specification, on time and to estimate at a high level of quality
- Participate in quality assurance activities within a project
- Actively improve the quality of the code base
- Design and implement comprehensive, testable solutions that include repeatable testing frameworks.
- Guide and mentor fellow .NET developers, assist with day-to-day coding questions and provide guidance on best practice and performance improvements
- Manage a project team of software developers when required
- Strong communication skills, with a technical and non-technical audience, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solver
- Highly organised and the ability to multi-task
- A motivated team player; Able to work effectively both in a team or standalone
- Highly adaptable to change
- Provides support to other members of the team
- Understands business requirements, functional specifications and acceptance criteria and utilises them as a basis for implementation and validation of solutions.
- Reliably and repeatedly define accurate estimates of all levels of product change with assistance from senior members of the team
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work autonomously while knowing when to ask for help.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Experience working in a SaaS environment working on product development and defect management
- Proven experience developing applications across the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience with code development and management tools like JIRA/Azure DevOps and GIT
- Experience integrating with third party products and web services
- Experience with TDD, unit, integration and automated testing
- Experience with performance tuning and code optimisation
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- Experience leading a small team of developers will be an advantage for this role
- Has at least 5 years working experience in Full Stack Developer role