Ascender’s PeopleStreme division has an opportunity for a Senior Developer to be a key contributor within our in-house development team.
Reporting to the PeopleStreme CIO, in this hands-on role you will work with an existing Agile/Scrum team on the ongoing ground-up redevelopment of the PeopleStreme Human Capital Management suite.
You will work on enhancements and new features and collaborating with stakeholders to deliver best-in-class customer experience and contribute to process improvement.
- ‘Full-Stack’ software development across the entire software development lifecycle for the PeopleStreme product suite and related products and integrations.
- Guide and mentor fellow .Net developers, assist with day-to-day coding questions and provide guidance on best practice and performance improvements.
- Architect, build and deploy into Azure including but not limited to App Services, Azure Storage Services including SQL Azure.
- Build solutions for automated deployment and continuous delivery through Octopus and similar technologies.
- Apply best practice security mitigations for all work you develop, including consideration for the ‘OWASP Top 10’.
- Identify and conduct all necessary testing and reviews, making alterations and modifications as required.
- Manage a project team of software developers when required.
- Proven Experience developing full-stack applications across the entire software development lifecycle, using: .net/c#, Single Page Application framework, Web API, Entity Framework, Angular, Angular JS, REACT, Visual Studio/Azure DevOps, SQL Server.
- Experience with Azure/AWS public cloud infrastructure, developing and maintaining highly available, scalable applications
- Experience integrating with third party products and web services.
- Experience with TDD, unit, integration and automated testing.
- Experience with performance tuning and code optimisation.
- Good understanding of CI/CD.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science.
- Experience leading a small team of developers will be an advantage for this role
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to adjust for technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong problem solver.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment, working on product development and defect management.
- Highly organised and the ability to multi task.
- A motivated and collaborative team player and great mentor for junior developers.
- Able to work effectively both in a team or standalone.
What we offer:
- A passionate team who enjoy exchanging ideas within a vibrant culture.
- Great office location (currently on St Kilda Road, relocating to Southbank in May 2020)
- Locally developed product suite, with management on-site
- A good roadmap of tech and feature upgrades, with an expanding client base
- Opportunity to contribute your own ideas
- Attractive salary and flexible hours
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs. We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
PeopleStreme was acquired by Ascender in 2018. Their fully integrated human resources platform includes eRecruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management, and Learning & Development, and works seamlessly with Ascender’s payroll platforms. Together, Ascender and PeopleStreme have the ability to advise, consult, train and implement all components of any HR project requirements, unlocking the full potential of an organisation’s workforce.
Apply now if you are looking for the next challenge in your career – click the ‘Apply’ button and attach your resume.