Rails Engineer [Mid level Developer]
We're a growing foreign-owned company of about 60 people based in Chiyodaku, Tokyo, in the HR tech space. Our core business is providing managed payroll services to both foreign and Japanese clients in the mid-tier market (300-3,000 employee size), based on our own web-based HR/time/leave/payroll system called Workcloud. Our business has grown 30% year-on-year for the last 3 years, and are looking for additional senior / experienced developers to help us expand.
We have 8 developers and 6 QA, and are looking for proactive, full-stack (with heavy emphasis on the backend) Rails developers who can architecture and build large feature additions to our system, as well as continually upgrade our system as the regulatory and use case environment evolves.
Our tech stack and tools
- Ruby on Rails on Unicorn
- JQuery front end
- MySQL / AWS RDS
- AWS OpsWorks / Cloudfront / S3
- CircleCI for CI
- Github / JIRA
- Code coverage around 80%
- Fluent in English, any Japanese a plus
- At least 3 years of Rails experience, including looking under the hood
- TDD-based development experience, with CI as part of normal workflow
- Pull-request code review experience
- Other desired skills
- Some knowledge of cloud infrastructure, so you consider system
- performance as part of your development
- Direct MySQL, so you can write more performant code where needed
- SASS / CSS experience so you can build nice looking UIs.
- Front-end JS framework (React or Vue) to help us convert our employeefacing pages to SPA.