Quality and Compliance Officer
The Quality and Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring that services for the client are delivered according to the contract, both in terms of timeliness, quality, legal and audit compliance and in line with the agreed service levels (SLAs).
The Quality and Compliance Officer will also provide professional advice to the business and internal stakeholders i.e. Operations, Product, Professional services etc.
- Implementation of ISO (9001 & 27001) Quality Management Framework for the business unit.
- Ensuring compliance after completion of the ISO audit including updating and controlling documentation / version controls within the framework.
- Auditing co-ordinator for internal and external audits between Global Compliance (internal) and external auditors (SOC and BSI), including pre-audit preparation and submission of audit documents.
- Completing regular internal audits to ensure SOC compliance, identify process improvements and identify knowledge and/or process gaps.
- Completing training in audit and SOC compliance for current and new employees.
- Liaising with the BAS agent and complete monthly BAS audits to ensure compliance with the BAS requirements.
- Management of corrective and preventative actions.
- Compliance and monitoring of payroll, implementation and development controls.
- Liaising with the Audit and Compliance team regarding Business Unit compliance, root cause analysis and/or incident management reporting.
- Reviewing processes across all unit sites, implementing new processes and communicating changes to Managed Services ensuring best practice and standardisation.
- Communicating statutory legislation updates to internal and external stakeholders and ensuring compliance with current payroll legislation for Singapore and Malaysia.
- Managing, own and run the business continuity plan and tests for each site.
- Play a part of completing the SLA monthly reporting for the sites and submit to the Head of Managed Services.
- Supporting project initiatives where subject matter expertise is required in the field of operational compliance.
- Effective influencing skills and relationship building.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a strong team player.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Strong background in process improvement, quality and compliance.
- Experience of SOC compliance and ISO standards
- Minimum of 2 years payroll experience.
- Experience in auditing payroll and/or process analysis and improvements will be viewed favourably.
- Strong Knowledge of Australia and New Zealand payroll legislation required. Payroll legislation knowledge of Singapore and Malaysia payroll legislation will be added advantage.
- Payroll operations knowledge with experience in an outsourced payroll environment desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.