Quality and Compliance Manager
Ascender is a leading provider of Payroll software and services across the APAC region; we have a rare opportunity for a Senior Quality & Compliance Manager to join the Ascender team. This role reports to the Head of Managed Services (AP&E) and can be based in our offices in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney.
You will use your compliance and audit expertise to drive consistent compliance and quality standards across multiple payroll teams, keeping teams and processes updated regarding legislative changes, and ensuring we continue to deliver high standards of client service that meet compliance audit requirements.
You will collaborate closely with the site Service Centre Managers and their team leads, and provide expert advice to diverse internal stakeholders.
This position would suit a Senior Quality & Compliance professional or an experienced payroll specialist with audit experience; a solutions-focused mindset and a passion for process improvement and client service will support success.
- Co-ordinate internal Global Compliance audits and external audits (SOC and BSI), including pre-audit preparation and submission of audit documents.
- Complete regular internal BU audits across all sites (Perth, Melbourne, Manila, Kuala Lumpur) to ensure SOC compliance.
- Maintain ISO (9001 & 27001) Quality Management Framework for Australian centres; manage renewal process and lead roll out for Malaysia in 2021.
- Identify process improvements and knowledge and/or process gaps; introduce new processes and train teams as required to ensure best practice and standardisation.
- Run ongoing training in audit and SOC compliance for current and new employees.
- Liaise with the BAS agent and complete monthly BAS audits to ensure compliance with the BAS requirements.
- Liaise with the global Audit and Compliance team regarding Business Unit compliance, root cause analysis and/or incident management reporting; manage corrective and preventative actions.
- Communicate statutory legislation updates to internal and external stakeholders and ensure compliance with current payroll legislation for Australia and NZ clients.
- Manage, own and run the business continuity plan and tests for each site.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- 2-3 years' audit and compliance process experience in a team lead or relationship role.
- Strong background in process improvement, quality and compliance.
- Experience of SOC compliance and ISO standards mandatory.
- Experience in process analysis and improvement required, with payroll audit experience desirable.
- Knowledge of Australian and/or New Zealand payroll legislation a strong advantage.
- Payroll operations knowledge or experience in an outsourced payroll environment desirable.
- Effective influencing skills and relationship building.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Limited travel to Ascender Pay Managed Services sites may be required at times, when COVID safe.
What we offer:
- Great locations in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney
- Opportunity to take ownership of the Quality and Compliance area, shaping best practice and standardising compliance processes.
- Access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through inhouse experts & our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists).
- Multiple potential long term career pathways within Ascender.
- A vibrant team culture where people come first.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!