About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic QA Engineer to join our international team in Tokyo. Candidates will have business-level proficiency in Japanese, conversational English and a love for testing and quality assurance.
You'll work closely with our team of local and offshore developers in an agile environment. As we grow our list of exciting products, you'll be encouraged to participate in product sessions and have a valuable role in this growing organization.
On a day to day basis, you will be working alongside the rest of the development team on the businesses' key product. Working in a fast paced environment, you will be given autonomy over your work and your input will be valued. With regular releases, work will be constantly varied.
- Contribute business-critical testing efforts to ensure performance, reliability and scalability
- Analyze performance test results, diagnose bottlenecks and work closely with engineers to identify solutions
- Provide regular reports on the performance characteristics of the systems
- Maintain a list of known defects
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Understand the relationship between applications and infrastructure
- Professional experience in QA/testing
- Familiarity with either automated or manual testing
- Fluency in spoken and written Japanese
- At least a conversational level of English ability
- A strong attitude of personal responsibility
- Familiarity with Jira and Selenium (preferred, but not required)