Ascender, a leading APAC Payroll & HCM software provider, has a rare opportunity for a Software Implementation Project Manager to join our Ascender Cloud Services business unit based in Mascot, Sydney.
You will have end to end responsibility for projects, implementing or augmenting Ascender solutions offered to our clients.
This role is ultimately responsible for client satisfaction and project profitability at completion of the project. You will be a champion and expert of PM methodologies, ensuring good PM practice and governance requirements are adhered to, demonstrated and continually encouraged within the team.
A key part of the role will be to assist in developing the overall skillsets and capability of the PM team by guiding, mentoring and sharing your experience.
- Project governance: Establishment of a project charter outlining scope, objectives and governance structure, as well as project reporting and running of ongoing project meetings.
- Project planning: project and resource plans, risk assessment and contingency plans and project accounting.
- Project Execution: Co-ordination of people and resources, integrating and performing activities as planned. Provide support and direction to the project team members.
- Monitoring and controlling: including identification of potential problems and risks, with timely escalation and corrective action. Communication and negotiation with the client regarding variations to scope and fees.
- Closure and review, including post project reviews, client satisfaction surveys and recommendations for improvements.
- Provide senior project management expertise into project delivery responses to tenders and new/existing client work; facilitate and deliver overall project estimates using best practice techniques when required.
Skills & experience required:
- Prior experience in senior project management of large projects involving technology and consulting services.
- Proven track record delivering projects on time and budget.
- Experience with projects that span multiple countries and/or cultures
- Performance driven and accountable, with a demonstrated ability to maintain a strong bottom line focus.
- Understands revenue models, P/L and cost-to-completion projections and can make decisions accordingly.
- Appropriate tertiary and professional qualifications including PMP or equivalent certification.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Project and Excel skills.
- Experience in Agile and Agile project management methodologies is advantageous.
- Experience as a Project Manager in Payroll HRIS outsourcing projects in a vendor capacity is preferred.
- Good communication skills, with a high level of written and verbal English.
- Both a team player and a strong leader, comfortable taking on both a collaborative and a directive approach when needed.
- Comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines with resource constraints.
- Flexible with working hours and travel.
- Client focused, developing lasting relationships with clients and continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to take ownership of your projects and interact with diverse clients.
- Varied work across diverse clients and industries.
- Close-knit team within a growing Australian-owned APAC organisation.
- Flexible work options with great office locations.
- Opportunities for long term career growth.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region.
For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application with your CV and cover letter attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.