Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don’t just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender’s payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Ascender Cloud Services business unit. In this role you would have end to end responsibility for projects to implement or augment Ascender solutions offered to our clients. The role is Sydney based, but we are open to considering Melbourne for an exceptional candidate.
The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for client satisfaction and project profitability at completion of the project. The role will be a champion and expert of PM methodologies, ensuring practice and governance requirements are adhered to, demonstrated and continually encouraged within the team. A key part of the role will be to drive and assist in developing the overall skillsets and capability of the PM team by guiding, mentoring and sharing your experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project governance: Establishment of a project charter outlining scope, objectives and governance structure, as well as project reporting and running of ongoing project meetings.
- Project planning: project and resource plans, risk assessment and contingency plans and project accounting.
- Project Execution: Co-ordination of people and resources, integrating and performing activities as planned. Provide support and direction to the project team members.
- Monitoring and controlling: including identification of potential problems and risks, with timely escalation and corrective action. Communication and negotiation with the client regarding variations to scope and fees.
- Closure and review, including post project reviews, client satisfaction surveys and recommendations for improvements.
- Provide senior project management expertise into project delivery responses to tenders and new and existing client work; facilitate and deliver overall project estimates using best practice techniques when required.
Skills & experience required:
- Prior experience in senior project management of large projects involving technology and consulting services.
- Proven track record delivering projects on time and budget.
- Experience with projects that span multiple countries and/or cultures
- Performance driven and accountable, with a demonstrated ability to maintain a strong bottom line focus.
- Understands revenue models, P/L and cost-to-completion projections and can make decisions accordingly.
- Appropriate tertiary and professional qualifications including PRINCE2 or equivalent certification.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Project and Excel skills.
- Experience in Agile and Agile project management methodologies is advantageous.
- Experience as a Project Manager in Payroll HRIS outsourcing projects in a vendor capacity is preferred.
- Good communication skills, with a high level of written and verbal English.
- Both a team player and a strong leader, comfortable taking on both a collaborative and a directive approach when needed.
- Comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines with resource constraints.
- Flexible with working hours and travel.
- Client focused, developing lasting relationships with clients and continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application with your CV attached by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.