As a Product Analyst you will immerse yourself in the HR & Payroll domain and define compelling experiences to take our products to the next level. Using business process modelling, use case, data modelling, and user experience skills you will drive these changes from their inception to deployment. You will be supported by your peers in a very collaborative, cross functional team.
This role will interest Business Analysts / Product Designers with 2-5 years' experience that want to challenge themselves solving difficult problems, or those with more experience that know their stuff inside and out.
Role is based in Dulwich, Adelaide.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external clients to identify problems, elicit requirements and work on solutions applicable to the wider customer base.
- Work on the design of solutions that fit the elicited requirements and fit with the technology and business criteria.
- Analyse and document new product features through Functional Specifications, Consolidated flow diagrams, State Transition diagrams, wireframes, mockups, truth tables and data mapping; ensure existing documentation will be maintained when minor changes and/or defects are addressed.
- Continuously collaborate with Engineering, QA teams throughout the SDLC to ensure effective and efficient delivery of high quality solutions that deliver business value.
- Groom product backlog to shape feature roadmaps aligned to business priorities as well as defect triage and action based on priority / severity assessment.
- Acquire a general understanding of the product and serve as a main point of reference for Customer Service, Consulting, Sales, Training, Operations and Account Management teams' guidance.
- Keep up to date with technology, software development, HR, legislation and payroll industry developments and trends.
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to digest, distil and communicate complex concepts in use cases, workflow diagrams, wireframes and/or mockups.
- A genuine desire to take products from good to great
- Strong written and spoken communication skills at all levels and ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- An understanding of or experience in SDLC and agile methodologies.
- Ability to manage time well, prioritise work and develop creative solutions while working under pressure.
- Capability to work collaboratively as part of a team spread across Australia and offshore.
- Tertiary Qualification in Computing, Business Analysis, Software Product Management or related field are highly regarded but not essential.
- Understanding of process modelling tools (MS Visio, Bizagi modeller, Lucidchart), wireframes modelling tools (Lucidchart, Balsamiq) and personal computer tools (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Office 365, etc).
- Understanding of UML 2.0 is highly regarded but not essential.
- HR and/or payroll systems experience is highly regarded but not essential.
What we offer:
- Strong collaborative environment within Product group.
- Continuous learning environment with professional development opportunities.
- Locally developed product, with most of the team based in Australia.
- Great location and flexible working conditions.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking 'Apply' button.