Payroll Team Lead - Outsourced Environment
Ascender is growing! We are seeking a Payroll Team Lead to manage our outsourced team, based in Bentley, Perth.
The Team Lead is responsible for overseeing a number of client payrolls and ensuring the team delivers the payrolls accurately and on time.
To be successful you will need strong payroll knowledge (ideally having used Ascender Pay system), experience in a high volume, fast paced environment and have supervised other Payroll Officers day to day. You will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure we are delivering an exceptional service; each day is different to the next.
This role would be ideal for either an experienced Team Lead or Senior Payroll Officer who has been supervising other team members and is looking for the next step in their career.
Our outsourced environment provides opportunities to deliver payroll services with a team-based approach, providing diversity, development and career opportunities that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
- Leading a team of payroll professionals within Ascender's Payroll Service Centre, developing, motivating and engaging them.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients, ensuring client payrolls are delivered accurately and on-time.
- Problem solve and deal with escalations.
- Assist with complex payroll matters eg GL, month end, payroll tax, superannuation reconciliations, bonus calculations.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and implement new processes.
- Keep up to date with payroll legislation and changes.
- Follow and promote compliance protocols and participate in internal and external audits.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years high volume end-to-end payroll processing experience.
- Experience in the operation of enterprise Payroll Software, Ascender Pay experience would be highly regarded.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Experience in supervision and coordination of a team.
- Previous experience working in a multi country company/team/environment will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and customer service focus.
- Experience working to achieve SLA's and KPI's desirable.
- Previous experience in an outsourcing environment would be a strong advantage.
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists).
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals.
- Great office locations and a vibrant team culture where people come first.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you are looking for the next step in your payroll career, apply with your CV attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.