Payroll Team Lead
Ascender is a leading payroll outsourcing provider in APAC, and we have a Payroll Team Leader opportunity in our Melbourne (Southbank) office – work from home until further notice. Part of the Payroll Operations Delivery team, you will be responsible for delivering professional, accurate and client focused payroll services.
To be successful you will need strong payroll knowledge, good leadership skills and exceptional customer service focus.
Our outsourced environment provides opportunities to deliver payroll services to multiple clients with a team-based approach, offering development and career opportunities that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and ensure all client payrolls are delivered accurately and on-time
- Leading a team of Payroll Consultants, develop, motivate and engage them
- Ensuring all client payrolls are delivered accurately and on-time Assist with complex payroll matters, eg. GL, month end, payroll tax, superannuation reconciliations, Bonus calculations etc.
- Ability to understand Payroll systems configurations, keeping up to date with payroll legislation and changes
- Problem solving and dealing with escalations
- Team building & development
- Keeping up to date with payroll topics
- Follow and promote compliance protocols, and participate in internal and external audits
Skills & Experience:
- Strong end-to-end payroll processing experience in high volume or outsourcing environment
- Team leader experience will be highly regarded
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience in AscenderPay ideal but not essential
- Excellent communication and client relationship management skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists).
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals.
- Great office locations and a vibrant team culture where people come first.
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.