Payroll Support Officer
Ascender is growing and now seeking a talented permanent, full-time Payroll Support Officer, reporting to the Payroll Team Lead in Southbank, Melbourne.
The focus of this role is to be the first point of contact for payroll queries and technical support via case management. Working closely with the payroll team and business partners to ensure that all cases are actioned and resolved in a timely manner. As the client employee-facing contact at Ascender, you will work closely with key Ascender stakeholders internally to ensure we are delivering exceptional client service; each day is different to the next.
Our outsourced environment provides diversity, learning opportunities and long-term career development options that can't be found in in-house payroll roles.
- Primary contact for calls and emails coming through to the Ascender's Payroll Service Centre.
- Early start, early finish. Working hours: Monday to Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm.
- Provide tailored first level payroll and administrative support to the client's employees
- Provide timely and customer focused responses to clients, meeting agreed timelines.
Skills & Experience required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Payroll Experience and NZ customer service will be highly regarded
- Excellent Customer Service skills and phone manner
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience working to achieve SLA's and KPI' s in a high volume environment
- Salesforce experience desirable.
What we offer:
- Training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists)
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
- A competitive remuneration package is on offer
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future.
We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.