Payroll Subject Matter Expert
We have a new opportunity for a Payroll Subject Matter Expert to support our payroll operations teams and other internal stakeholders by providing professional, technical and legislative expert advice and solutions for complex payroll and Preceda system queries.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will also provide advice, counsel and guidance on projects, upcoming compliance activities, audit, implementations and integrations.
Our operations teams deliver payroll services to multiple clients and as a leading payroll managed services and SaaS provider, Ascender offers unique career and learning opportunities for payroll professionals that cannot be found in in-house payroll roles.
If you are a senior payroll professional or payroll team lead who has used Preceda in a high volume payroll setting and you enjoy dealing with diverse clients in a fast-paced, team focused environment this is an ideal opportunity to make a move to an organisation that supports long term career growth and development.
- Work with Operations Manager to resolve escalation points and complex queries.
- Provide expertise and direction to operations team members as needed.
- Lead agreed process improvements and process reengineering for clients and payroll consultants, testing system configuration changes to ensure correct delivery.
- Provide expert input into internal audit and compliance requirements and other internal projects as required.
- Keep abreast of current payroll legislation and ensure payroll compliance for AU & NZ.
- Recommend continuous improvement projects that enhance timely, responsive, accurate and well controlled service delivery and customer satisfaction ratings.
- Assist with tracking and monitoring of change requests and issue resolutions.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders (product development, professional services) on projects as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive experience with Australian payroll processing and HR practices; New Zealand payroll experience is an advantage.
- Preceda experience and Excel proficiency are required.
- High-volume payroll experience required; experience in an outsourced payroll environment an advantage.
- Expertise in payroll reporting, GL, lodgment of statutory payments, STP.
- Experience with EBA's, awards, contract interpretation and legislation updates.
- Ability to interpret leave accruals and conduct audits.
- Global employee mobilisation exposure (inpats and expats).
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to respond to complex issues under pressure and within strict timelines.
- Ability to plan, organize & schedule work flow in a short time frame.
- Ability to establish strong internal relationships and networks, with an approachable, team-oriented, and solutions focused style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists)
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals
- A vibrant team culture where people come first
- Great office location and attractive salary package
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.