Payroll Quality & Compliance Manager
We have a rare opportunity for a Payroll Quality & Compliance Manager to join the Ascender Public & Enterprise services Business Unit. This role reports to the Head of Managed Services (AP&E) and can be based in our offices in Bentley, Perth or Southbank, Melbourne.
You will use your payroll knowledge and audit expertise to drive consistent compliance and quality standards across multiple payroll teams, keeping teams and processes updated regarding legislative changes, and ensuring we continue to deliver high standards of client service that meet compliance audit requirements.
You will collaborate closely with the site Service Centre Managers and their team leads, and provide expert advice to diverse internal stakeholders.
This position would suit a payroll professional with audit experience, a solutions-focused mindset and a passion for process improvement and client service.
- Co-ordinate internal Global Compliance audits and external audits (SOC and BSI), including pre-audit preparation and submission of audit documents.
- Complete regular internal BU audits across all sites (Perth, Melbourne, Manila, Kuala Lumpur) to ensure SOC compliance.
- Maintain ISO (9001 & 27001) Quality Management Framework for Australian centres; manage renewal process and lead roll out for Malaysia in 2021.
- Identify process improvements and knowledge and/or process gaps; introduce new processes and train teams as required to ensure best practice and standardisation.
- Run ongoing training in audit and SOC compliance for current and new employees.
- Liaise with the BAS agent and complete monthly BAS audits to ensure compliance with the BAS requirements.
- Liaise with the global Audit and Compliance team regarding Business Unit compliance, root cause analysis and/or incident management reporting; manage corrective and preventative actions.
- Communicate statutory legislation updates to internal and external stakeholders and ensure compliance with current payroll legislation for Australia and NZ clients.
- Manage, own and run the business continuity plan and tests for each site.
- Complete the SLA monthly reporting for the sites.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years payroll experience with 2 years in a team lead/management role.
- Strong background in process improvement, quality and compliance.
- Experience of SOC compliance and ISO standards.
- Experience in auditing payroll and/or process analysis and improvement.
- Knowledge of Australian payroll legislation required, with New Zealand payroll legislation knowledge a strong advantage.
- Payroll operations knowledge; experience in an outsourced payroll environment desirable.
- Effective influencing skills and relationship building.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to travel to all Ascender Pay Managed Services sites.
What we offer:
- Great locations in Bentley, Perth or Southbank, Melbourne.
- Opportunity to take ownership of the Quality and Compliance area, shaping best practice and standardising compliance processes.
- Access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through inhouse experts & our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists).
- Multiple potential long term career pathways within Ascender.
- A vibrant team culture where people come first.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application with your CV attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.