Payroll Projects Lead
Ascender is a leading payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) systems and service provider in the APJ region. We are growing within our sector and planning future growth as we integrate into the global Ceridian organisation.
The Payroll Project Manager has end to end responsibility for Managed Services projects established to implement or augment solutions offered to Ascender clients that utilise Payroll and services and software. Key project management responsibilities include creating a project charter, project planning, securing and managing resourcing and project variables such as cost, time, scope, and quality.
The Payroll Projects Manager is ultimately responsible for client satisfaction and completion of the project, delivering a project on time and at a cost that is consistent with the client and Ascender's expectations is critical to this outcome, as is the process followed and communication with the client and Ascender stakeholders throughout the project.
- Establish a project charter – a statement of the scope, objectives, participants, structure and approach to governance of the project. The project charter serves as a reference of activities and timelines of all projects.
- Plan time, cost and resources adequately to estimate the work needed and to effectively manage risk during project execution
- Provide support to Account & Operations Managers for any scoping calls with customers, attend client demos if required and review of Due Diligence documents
- Coordinating people and resources, as well as integrating and performing the activities of the project in accordance with the project management plan
- Observe project execution so that potential problems can be identified in a timely manner and corrective action can be taken. Communication and coordination with the client to ensure that variations to scope are understood and recovered through additional fees or an equivalent reduction in the scope. Forecasting additional efforts and resource requirements.
- Review of project including archival of documentation and lessons learnt
- Working with the broader Payroll team, develop new processes, improve services to deliver better Payroll solutions to
Our ideal candidate should have experience in project management specific to payroll space-related to client transition and implementation of payroll services. Has proven track record on project delivery that is within budget and timeline. Has background in payroll process preferably ANZ region.
What We Offer
- High potential for longer term career opportunities.
- Exposure within a growing multinational company.
- Training and development
Ascender is a leader in providing payroll and HR software solutions in the Asia Pacific region. For over 30 years, we have focused on the prosperity of our clients: growing their businesses, enriching their lives, and shaping their future. We help our clients put their people first to unlock the full potential of their workforce.
On 1 March 2021, Ascender was acquired by Ceridian, a global leader in human capital management technology that provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. With the acquisition of Ascender, Ceridian now serves a combined 1,500 customers and 2.5 million employees across 30 countries in the APJ region.
The acquisition is an exciting milestone in Ceridian and Ascender's journey to scale and accelerate global growth.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking the apply button!