Payroll Operations Manager
We have a rare opportunity for a WA Payroll Operations Manager to lead the Perth Managed Services team; in this role you will be accountable for ensuring that client services are delivered according to agreed terms ie timely, high quality, compliant, in line with service levels and within budgeted costs.
Based in our office in Bentley, Perth, this role reports to the Head of Managed Services for the Ascender Public & Enterprise Business Unit and is a key member of the Operations Management team.
You will have the opportunity to foster best practice and maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of our Payroll Delivery Teams through your leadership, payroll expertise and audit and compliance knowledge and experience. You will also be very client focused, building strong and lasting relationships with our clients.
- Day to day leadership of the Perth Operations teams with a focus on best practice operational procedures and processes, and client satisfaction.
- Governance and control across all payrolls processed by the Service Centre.
- Resource management and planning, with a focus on operational efficiency.
- Attract and retain team members by supporting, developing and managing the team effectively.
- Client and key stakeholder relationship management, building strong client relationships with a focus on SLA delivery; manage issues and escalations.
- Provide support to the Implementation team and prepare Operations for successful go-lives.
- Sales support e.g. quotes, proposals and presentations as needed
- Ensure payroll delivery adheres to compliance standards eg SOC1 and ISO.
- Contribute to the strategic direction for Operations, analysing, forecasting and planning based on business trends; provide management reporting.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 7- 10 years' experience in Management coupled with a background in payroll and/or HR; proven experience managing and leading teams.
- Resource management experience, able to plan, organize and schedule work in a short time frame and respond to complex issues within strict timelines.
- Excellent knowledge of payroll and HR laws and regulations in AU / NZ
- Experience managing cross-site and offshore initiatives with accountability for end-to-end process quality and delivery.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel; ideally exposure to Salesforce
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong customer service focus.
- Ability to investigate and resolve variances and potential disputes between Ascender and our clients.
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; out of the box thinking.
- People-focused, with ability to engage, lead and develop a team.
- Ability to manage change across different programs and project initiatives.
- Experience in an Outsourced Payroll environment a strong advantage.
- Tertiary qualification preferred: Accounting, Business Management or related.
- AscenderPay knowledge an advantage but systems training will be provided.
What we offer:
- Extensive training on our systems and access to deep payroll/HR expertise and ongoing professional development through our inhouse experts and our affiliation with TAPS (The Association for Payroll Specialists).
- Multiple potential career pathways within Ascender for successful, experienced payroll professionals.
- Great office location and a vibrant team culture where people come first.
- Opportunity to streamline and shape processes.
Ascender is one of the leading payroll outsourcing and HCM solutions providers in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. We believe we don't just pay people, we enrich their lives and help them build prosperity.
With more than 1.3 million customer employees being serviced by Ascender's payroll and HR platforms throughout the Asia Pacific region, approximately 1,400 global brands and listed companies across a range of different industries trust us to meet their payroll and HR needs.
We service these customers through 850 dedicated Ascender staff based in 10 countries, who have local payroll and HR knowledge and expertise across 7 languages to provide solutions to 31 country legislations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.